Nothing says "hello, winter!" like a fabulous chicken pot pie, am I right?! So a few years ago, when I found a recipe for a quasi-healthy version of this delicious comfort food in a magazine, I snatched it up and copied it into my recipe book faster than you can say "get in mah belly."
After making a few tweaks of my own, this recipe is becoming a classic in my household.
I N G R E D I E N T S :
1 lb. chicken breasts
1 tblsp. olive oil
2 onions, chopped
bag of frozen peas + carrots, cooked
3 tblsp. all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white cooking wine
2 cups almond milk
1 tblsp. fresh thyme
salt and pepper
store-bought pie crust
D I R E C T I O N S :
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cook chicken in boiling water until cooked through, then shred.
3. Cook onions in olive oil in a saucepan until they begin to soften (approximately six to eight minutes). Sprinkle the flour over the onions and cook, stirring, for one minute.
4. Add the wine and cook until evaporated, about five minutes. Add the milk and simmer until the sauce thickens, two to three minutes.
5. Stir in the chicken, peas + carrots, thyme, salt and pepper.
6. Transfer the mix to a shallow baking dish and cover with the pie crust.
7. Place the pot pie on a baking sheet and bake until bubbling and the crust is golden, approximately thirty minutes.
8. Come to my house and share this delicious meal with me!
Seriously. You have to share. It's that good.
So, what delicious winter recipes do you have up your sleeve? I want to see your fun recipes linked up over on Natasha's blog today, as part of our holiday link party!