Y'all. I might have found the world's easiest, best-est recipe.
If you follow my recipe board on Pinterest, you saw that I pinned this recipe a few days ago. And I haven't been able to stop thinking about it! Even though it's probably best suited as a breakfast recipe, I decided to whip it up for supper last night. I mean, who doesn't love breakfast for supper?
I'm not sure why I'm surprised... combining three of my favorite food elements into one dish is clearly going to be a winner... but this dish is ah-maz-ing. And did I mention easy? Here's how easy it is!
(for one serving)
-two strips of bacon
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Slice the avocado in half and remove the seed. Scoop out some of the avocado meat to create a "nest" on each half. Eat all of the yummy avocado you scooped out while you're standing there. Wait, that might just be me and my utter lack of self-control when it comes to food! : )
3. Crack an egg into each avocado nest. Some of the egg whites may overflow out of the avocado nest, so make sure you take this step after the avocados are already resting in a baking dish.
4. Chop up the bacon strips and sprinkle on top of the egg and avocado. I use regular, pre-cooked bacon instead of turkey bacon for a host of reasons (even though it's lower in fat, I'm not a big fan of how processed the turkey bacon meat is, even though it's clear regular bacon is horrible for you too!).
5. Bake the entire dish for about 20-25 minutes, depending on the consistency you'd like your egg cooked.
I served the dish up with some whole wheat toast and a dash or two of Tabasco sauce. Scrumptious! I love that this recipe uses fresh (minus the bacon!), whole food ingredients. No processed crap here!