Oh, I said it.
Didn't hear me the first time?
S'more. Cup. Cakes.
Sounds fabulous, doesn't it? With fall upon us, my brain starts thinking about all things fall food. Pumpkin everything, apple pies, tailgating food... and fireside s'mores. A few weeks ago on my mountain birthday trip, I brought the goods to make s'mores. Sadly, the cabin had all gas fireplaces and no fire ring to build a bonfire outside. Wop wop. But instead of letting my marshmellows and Hershey bars go to waste (yeah right, like that would ever happen!), my little brain mixed up a s'more alternative.
-box of yellow cake batter
(plus eggs, oil, water if required to make batter)
- bag of large marshmellows
-3 to 4 full sized Hershey bars
-box of graham crackers
1. Mix the cake batter according to the directions on the box.
(my receipe is genius so far, right?)
2. Crumble up a sleeve of graham crackers into a bowl, then mix with 2 tblsp. butter.
3. After spraying a cupcake tin with nonstick cooking spray, pack the graham cracker mix into the bottom of each muffin tin. Then pour the batter into each tin- be sure to only fill the batter about 3/4 of the way up to each tin so that it doesn't overflow!
4. Plop a marshmellow in the middle of each tin, straight into the batter. Yes, I said plop.
5. Bake the cupcakes according to the directions. I believe mine were at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. Don't be scared when your marshmellows puff up! They'll go down and be all the crispier and yummier for it.
7. Then add a few chunks of Hershey bars, to your liking. I may or may not have added some chocolate syrup too... but I'm crazy like that : ) Vanilla icecream would be good as well. Just sayin.
Of course, I wasn't playing good blogger at this point and failed to snap any fabulous pictures of the finished project, all prettied up. Instead, I was cramming
eight some of these in my mouth. So. Good.
Here's the finished product (albeit cooled off thirty minutes out of the oven!).
What are you cooking up for fall?
Don't forget tomorrow is the second week of the 30 Day Photo Challenge! Even if you missed the first week, come link up if you've taken any pictures for days 8- 14 of the challenge. I'm excited to share my week two pictures! And don't forget, I'll be featuring my favorite photos later this week! Learn more about the photos for week two here.